If you have multiple people using your gita, you have the ability to create a crew of authorized users and the members of your crew will get access to your gita through their smartphone.
As a member of a gita’s crew, you have limited access to the gita. You will have full use of the gita itself, but will not be able to modify the name of the gita or invite more members to the gita’s crew. Someone who is not a member of your crew can still pair with and walk with gita, but will not have access to features unlocked with the mygita app.
To add someone to your gita’s crew, follow these steps:
- Have your friend or family member download the mygita app or make sure that they have the current version of the mygita app on their phone (links to download below).
- If they do not already have one, they need to create a user account for the mygita app by clicking the “Sign Up” button and following the on-screen instructions
- Once their account has been created and they have verified their email address, they can be invited.
- Select the gita to which you would like to invite the person from the My gitas screen which is accessible through the main menu.
- Select the “crew” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select “add crew member.”
- You will be prompted to enter the username of the person you wish to invite.
- The mygita app will search for the user. If found, select the send icon next to their name and select confirm to invite that user when prompted.
- Your new crew member will now be able to use your gita with the mygita app.
Note: Only one user can be connected to a gita through the mygita app at the same time.
Through the mygita app, the owner of a gita can view when a member of their crew is using the gita.